About Me

Lara David
Bay Area, CA, United States
I'm just a girl, writing and photographing my way through the world, one lesson at a time. Join me on my journey - you just might learn something.
View my complete profile!

What Is This Place?

This site is a work in progress - much like life, actually. I am an amateur photographer who enjoys playing with my Canon EOS 10D. Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome, since I'm really just learning. Like what you see? Encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Seeking Texture

Along with Best Shot Monday, I'm also trying out Stacy's Theme Thursday. This week's theme is "Texture," and I thought for a long time about how to respond to it. All of my initial instincts were to learn some cool post-processing tricks for adding texture to my photos. And yes, there are plenty of options out there, but in the end, I decided to go au natural (well, as natural as a digital photo can be). Here are some pictures I've taken specifically because of their interesting textures:





No editing done after the fact - in my opinion, these textures all stand on their own.

8 comments:

  1. Hanlie said...
     

    Absolutely! I especially love the first and the last ones.

  2. Maggie said...
     

    Fantastic take on texture! I have to agree with you, no editing needed for these. And the last one is amazing!

  3. Mike said...
     

    I like picture number three of the artichoke hearts. Great shot and repitition. A nice texture!

  4. Stacy said...
     

    I like your take on textures...you are right, there is no editing needed for your interpretation of texture. I really like the artichoke one...great texture! Thanks for joining in. :)

  5. Megan said...
     

    love the artichokes!

  6. Mike said...
     

    By the way the best pizza I ever had was a pizza called the Conestoga from Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs Colorado. One of the ingrediants was Artichoke.

    Probably needless trivia but just wanted to comment again!

  7. Bonnie said...
     

    I love the first one and the last one !!

  8. Chad Oneil Myers said...
     

    Nice hat, Lara.

Post a Comment