Trying Something New

And I mean that in a couple different ways. First, I'm trying something new by joining in with Tracey's "Best Shot Monday." Basically, as Monday begins a new week, we look back on what we've recently done with our photography and pick one shot that really stands out as something great, unique, meaningful, etc.

For this week, I've chosen this shot, "Message in a Bottle":


The concept of giving someone flowers for a special holiday - birthdays, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day - is, to me, just a new way of saying the same old thing. What are these roses but an "I love you" in a vase? Not that I'm complaining, mind you - saying "I love you" is always a great thing, whether it's in a vase, a Hallmark card, or a basket of truffles.

Mmmm... truffles...

I was also trying new things by messing with this picture in my photo-editing program. Here are three other versions of the same photo:

Black and white.


Sepia tones.


Film grain.


What do you think?

Comments

Rose said…
Welcome to BSM! I love the flowers! Very nice picture. I like the sepia version also. Thanks for sharing!
Bonnie said…
The flowers are beautiful !!

What photo editing program do you use ?

My BSM is floral as well ... Bonnie's Best Shot Monday
Tonya said…
beautiful shots :)
d.girl said…
Because the colors are so rich and vivid, I like the original version. Nice shot!
tracey clark said…
Thanks for joining us! We're glad to have you. The images is beautfiul but I think the color options (grain is always nice) work best...since I am longing for color and all. : )

I love that you are trying new things. Yay for you!
Maggie said…
Yay! I'm so excited that you did BSM!

I like the original, but my favorite of the shot is the last one, with the film grain...gorgeous!
Christina said…
Welcome to BSM! That's a lovely shot. I love the color with grain.
I like the color with grain the best. Even though I tend to prefer b&w or sepia photography, the colors in this photo are too rich to hide.
Cool, fresh look here, Lara!

Popular Posts