About Me

Lara David
Bay Area, CA, United States
I'm just a girl, writing and photographing my way through the world, one lesson at a time. Join me on my journey - you just might learn something.
View my complete profile!

What Is This Place?

This site is a work in progress - much like life, actually. I am an amateur photographer who enjoys playing with my Canon EOS 10D. Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome, since I'm really just learning. Like what you see? Encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

They Look So REAL!

When I was in FAO Shwartz in New York, I was a little freaked out by how fashionably attired and posed some of the dolls were. What do you think - a step too far towards realism?





They even have that snobby, "I won't sleep with you unless you're a millionaire" look in their eyes. Like they're dead inside. Which I guess they are, since they're just dolls.

4 comments:

  1. Hanlie said...
     

    Wow, I'd never play with a doll like that - I'd feel totally upstaged!

  2. Mike said...
     

    Lara,

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. It is always good to know when I hit a cord with someone.

    I love the Native Americans. I lived in Oklahoma for about 7 years and my best friend there is a full blooded Kiowa. He is one of the greatest guys I know.

    Good to know of your heritage and it is something to be very proud of.

    I appreciate your entries here. I understand what you went through and the victory over it. Your self portraits are always welcome and it was especially so as a celebration.

    I love these pictures of the dolls. I love to photograph displays such as this.

    Sorry I have been missing lately...I have had trouble getting in the mood to write comments.

    Take care

    Mike

  3. mackeydoodle said...
     

    Those dolls are beautiful.

    Great photoblog you have here. I found your other blog through BlogRush. I have a photoblog too.

    http://saycheesepleez.blogspot.com/

    Pop in when you have a minute.

  4. Chad Oneil Myers said...
     

    Reminds me of a "twighlight zone" style show I saw...I think it had "Jessica Simpson" guest starring...anyway, it had this little girl in it that turned her baby sitters (Jessica Simpson) into little dolls that she would display on a shelf. The dolls tried warning Jessica...it was a creepy show ;)

Post a Comment