About Me

Lara David
Bay Area, CA, United States
I'm just a girl, writing and photographing my way through the world, one lesson at a time. Join me on my journey - you just might learn something.
View my complete profile!

What Is This Place?

This site is a work in progress - much like life, actually. I am an amateur photographer who enjoys playing with my Canon EOS 10D. Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome, since I'm really just learning. Like what you see? Encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Teaching and Learning


If any picture merits commentary, it would be this one. I knew, when I took this picture, what I was hoping to capture, but only in terms of positioning. I didn't realize what I would see when I looked at it later.

When asked, as part of my teaching program, to draw what I consider to be "the quintessence of teaching," this picture was what I immediately saw in my mind. It was, in every way, the perfect illustration of good teaching. Which, in this case, also turned out to be a case of good parenting.

I still count this picture as one of my all-time favorites, even though it was taken long before I started getting into photography, long before I had a good camera, long before I started this blog. Just a mom with her son, looking at the world, teaching and learning together.

(By the way, a longer explanation of that school activity and my drawing of this image can be found here.)

2 comments:

  1. I don't feel like making up a name said...
     

    Yeah, I think this is a totally awesome picture, too.

  2. Mike said...
     

    Lara, I really like this picture. It reminds me of those simple things in life and what is important.

Post a Comment